On the cover: The First Congregational Church at 44th and Lincoln, now owned by the city of Denver. Founded by people from the village of Norka, it was referred to as “the Norkera church.” The photo accompanies the article “Germans from Russia in Globeville, Colorado,” by Mary Lou Egan (page 1). Other articles: “Lui (Louis, Otrogovka, Ostrogovka, Mechetnaya), Today: Rayon Center Stepnoye of the Rayon Sovietski, Saratov,” by Olga Litzenberger, translated by Johannes Herzog and Alex Herzog; “Decree of the Presidium of the USSR Supreme Soviet ‘On the Resettlement of Germans Residing in the Volga Region’ (August 28, 1941,” translated and edited by Dr. Eric J. Schmaltz; “The 1948 and 1952 ‘Special Settlement’ Decrees,” translated and edited by Dr. Eric J. Schmaltz; “Memorial Book of Kazakhstan Table of Contents, Contemporary History of Germans from Russia 2015,” translated by Yulia Tsymbal.
$8.00Members save $3.00!
Become a member