The American Historical Society of Germans from Russia houses rare and unique documents created and collected by members from the German Russian community. These Special Collections are comprised of books, manuscripts, original research on Germans from Russia, correspondence, photographs, and more. Because our Special Collections are of unique content, all collections are only to be viewed in house at the AHSGR Library in Lincoln, Nebraska.
Online Collections Database
AHSGR is committed to increasing access to our Special Collections. In March 2023, AHSGR initiated a new digitization effort. We are excited to launch our new online searchable database. Explore AHSGR’s diverse archival, photographic and artifacts collections. We are in the process of digitizing our collections and will be adding materials online as they become available.
Be sure to check back as we are digitizing new material all the time!
A list of all AHSGR Special Collections are below. By clicking on each collection’s title, you will find a finding aid, or a document that lists all materials found within that collection. If you have any questions about one of our Special Collections, please contact us. If you have questions about a donation, please review our AHSGR Donation Procedures.
- First German Congregation Church Papers, 1888-1999, (Lincoln, Nebraska) [AR0155]
- Florian Floyd Scheck Collection, 1824-1983 [AR0152]
- Isadore Appelhanz [AR0316]
- Jacob Sinner Personal Papers, 1566-2008 [AR0154]
- John Jacob and Katherine (Vogel) Herman [AR0281]
- Leffler Family [AR0328]
- Lucille Hedges Personal Papers, 1714-2007 [AR0153]
- Wilbert Harms Collection, 1929-2000 [AR0178]
- Volga Relief Society